Are you hungry for an opportunity of a lifetime in an early stage medical startup?
Our internship may be just what you’re looking for.
A revolution is stirring and change is knocking at medicine’s doorstep. The healthcare industry desperately needs innovation and you know it; you’ve seen your doctor’s website.
We have found a way to trigger innovation in healthcare through the web and we need your help to design it. Come work as an unpaid intern for Nerve. It is an experience that should be valuable to you and an opportunity that will launch your career. We’re working on landing startup capital and you might just land yourself a stipened/paid position or even a full time job. We are young and an opportunity to be a founding employee in a game-changing tech business should be very appealing to you.
Do you love your doctor and are you also passionate about healthcare? Do you want to change the healthcare industry with us?
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an intern to assist with web and graphic design. This internship also includes some design research for medical design trends. This internship provides a real-world look into how a technology business operates on a day-to-day basis, while inheriting the skills needed to succeed in today’s business world.
Working with Nerve
Our goal (when we have startup capital) is to be named the Best Place to Work in Pittsburgh. We want you to have a lot of fun doing your job.
We currently operate out of a loft in the East End next door to Whole Foods, Starbucks and The Sharp Edge Beer Emporium.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Generation of web concepts & elements
- Developing web protogypes
- Review and distribution of web materials
- Administration of websites, web projects & other tools.
- Assistance with market demographic studies
- Copy development
- Creative marketing solutions design and promotions composition
- Submission of dynamic design portfolio
- Submission of 3-5 live and functional web URLs with disclosure of your role
- Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
- Color Theory
If you are a hard-working smart fast-learner who asks good questions to get good answers and if you like a challenge and are not afraid of the unknown, this internship is perfect for you.
We need designers who are determined to research, motivate and lead so that we can all innovative and bring new ideas into the world.
We need design interns who can “think-on-their-feet,” multi-task and manage multiple projects. The best candidates are creative-thinkers, innovative self-starters with excellent communication skills.
This position requires a team oriented person who can work well with several different kinds of colleagues.
If this sounds like an opportunity of a lifetime to you, send us your resume, portfolio and at least 3 links to websites you’ve designed and in your cover letter tell us what your doctor should change to make her or his practice website better.
Launch your career with Nerve, here’s what we offer:
- A once-in-a-lifetime experience at the heart of next big thing. This is a unpaid position, and you should be after the experience and the opportunity.
- Work closely with a nimble team who will deeply value your contributions. We all get our own coffee; expect to be treated as a real member of the team.
- A chance at a paid fulltime position in a company that will value your founding efforts.
- Free drinks, and a fun work environment in Shadyside.
- Course credit, if that’s your thing.
Minimum hours required are dependent on individual school guidelines and project completion requirements. We typically expect a minimum of 25 hours per week on location.Candidates must have excellent communication skills, with strong backgrounds in web design, marketing or advertising. We will work with your educational institute to make sure you receive course credits. Candidates are accepted from any location, US or international. Work will be performed on location in Shadyside, Pittsburgh.
Think you’ve got nerve? Prove it and apply for this internship below by providing the following within one PDF (with multiple pages):
- A one-page resume and cover letter that tells us why you are qualified for this position and tells us how your doctor (or someone else’s doctor, if you don’t have one) should change to make her or his practice website better (please be thorough and outline your ideas in a clean, scannable format).
- A paragraph detailing the best medical practice website you have seen in the last 12 months.
- A paragraph suggesting an innovative design concept that we should consider when developing our site.
- A paragraph-length anecdote revealing your passion for healthcare.
- Explain your reasons for wanting this internship (i.e. school credit, general experience) and state your availability.
- Attach your unofficial transcript, portfolio and URL submissions
We can’t wait to hear from you.
We believe you can and you will change the world.