We will be launching next year – http://www.treatspace.com — and we need your help!
Are you hungry for an opportunity of a lifetime in an early stage medical startup? Our internships may be just what you’re looking for.
A revolution is stirring and change is knocking at medicine’s doorstep. The healthcare industry desperately needs innovation and you know it; you’ve seen your doctor’s website.
We have found a way to trigger innovation in healthcare through the web and we need your help to market it. Come work as an intern for Nerve. It is an experience that should be valuable to you and an opportunity that will launch your career. We’re working on landing startup capital and you might just land yourself a stipend/paid position or even a full time job. We are young and an opportunity to be a founding employee in a game-changing tech business should be very appealing to you.
What we’re looking for
Emerging developers to assist with the design, development and cost estimation of new products. He or she will assist in Prototype Development projects from definition stages through production release. The project scope would generally be of an intermediate and advanced nature.
- Design/Engineering major
- Product design knowledge/experience
- Design principles such that design choices and technical guidance can be occasionally provided to others
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Art and design specialization
Working with Nerve
You’ll be working with a great team at Nerve. Our team is small but very strong. The Small Business Administration named our CEO Young Entrepreneur of the Year for his last company where his firm developed various sized ($10k – $250k) marketing, branding and business solutions for dozens of medical clients from concept through full implementation of client strategy.
Our goal (when we have startup capital) is to be named the Best Place to Work in Pittsburgh. We want you to have a lot of fun doing your job.
We currently operate out of a loft in the East End next door to Whole Foods, Starbucks and The Sharp Edge Beer Emporium.
Projects include but are not limited to:
- Develop unique ideas, variations and enhancements for prototypes
- Prepare technical reports based on research, and recommend design modifications as indicated by test and usage
- Make product recommendations and specifications based on interpretation of analytical and test results
- Evaluate multiple design concepts and recommend the optimal solution for function, development and cost.
- Create detailed drawings that clearly communicate product and component requirements
If you are a hard-working smart fast-learner who asks good questions to get good answers and if you like a challenge and are not afraid of the unknown, this internship is perfect for you.
We need interns who are determined to research, motivate and lead so that we can all innovative and bring new ideas into the world.
Launch your career with Nerve, here’s what we offer:
- A once-in-a-lifetime experience at the heart of next big thing. You should be after the experience and the opportunity
- Work closely with a nimble team who will deeply value your contributions. We all get our own coffee; expect to be treated as a real member of the team
- A chance at a paid fulltime position in a company that will value your founding efforts
- Free drinks, and a fun work environment in Shadyside
- Course credit, if that’s your thing
Think you’ve got nerve? Prove it and apply for this internship by providing the following within one PDF sent to careers at nervemedical dot com:
- A one-page resume and cover letter that tells us why you are qualified for this position and tells us how your doctor should change to make her or his practice website better (please be thorough and outline your ideas in a clean, scannable format)
- A paragraph detailing the best medical practice website you have seen in the last 12 months
- A paragraph suggesting an innovative concept we should consider when developing our site
- A paragraph-length anecdote revealing your interest/passion for healthcare
- Explain your reasons for wanting this internship (i.e. school credit, general experience) and state your availability
- Attach your unofficial transcript