Internet Engineering Internship
Are you hungry for an opportunity of a lifetime in an early stage medical startup?
A revolution is stirring and change is knocking at medicine’s doorstep. The healthcare industry desperately needs innovation and you know it; you’ve seen your doctor’s website.
We have found a way to trigger innovation in healthcare through the web and we need your help to develop it. Come work as an unpaid intern for Nerve. It is an experience that should be valuable to you and an opportunity that will launch your career. We’re working on landing startup capital and you might just land yourself a stipened/paid position or even a full time job. We are young and an opportunity to be a founding employee in a game-changing tech business should be very appealing to you.
Do you love your doctor and are you also passionate about healthcare? Do you want to change the healthcare industry with us?
What we’re looking for
We need software engineers who want to use their CS powers for good — to build technology that really helps people. You enjoy a good conversation about theory or architecture, but you are happiest writing code and turning those ideas into usable products. You care about the quality of your code and products more than anyone you know. You think about the experience of using your products as you’re building them.
Working with Nerve
Our goal (when we have startup capital) is to be named the Best Place to Work in Pittsburgh. We want you to have a lot of fun doing your job. We will hold numerous hackathons and free pizza and beer will never be far away. Neither will granola and tea, either.
We currently operate out of a loft in the East End next door to Whole Foods, Starbucks and The Sharp Edge Beer Emporium.
We need developer interns who
- Are experienced with online software development
- Strong working knowledge in languages associated with web (ruby, ajax, xml, html5, php, etc.)
- Have used a relational or non-relational or ur-relational database.
- Are driven by an innate force to change healthcare for the better.
- Likes thinking about performance. All. The. Time.
If you are a hard-working smart fast-learner who asks good questions to get good answers and if you like a challenge and are not afraid of the unknown, this internship is perfect for you.
We need developers who are determined to research, motivate and lead so that we can all innovative and bring new ideas into the world.
We need development interns who can “think-on-their-feet,” multi-task and manage multiple projects. The best candidates are creative-thinkers, innovative self-starters with excellent communication skills.
This position requires a team oriented person who can work well with several different kinds of colleagues.
If this sounds like an opportunity of a lifetime to you, send us your resume and in your cover letter tell us what your doctor should change to make her or his practice website better.
Launch your career with Nerve, here’s what we offer:
- A once-in-a-lifetime experience at the heart of next big thing. This is a unpaid position, and you should be after the experience and the opportunity.
- Work closely with a nimble team who will deeply value your contributions. We all get our own coffee; expect to be treated as a real member of the team.
- A chance at a paid fulltime position in a company that will value your founding efforts.
- Free drinks, and a fun work environment in Shadyside.
- Course credit, if that’s your thing.
Think you’ve got nerve? Prove it and email us at: careers at nervemedical dot com with:
- A resume and cover letter that tells us why you are qualified for this position and tells us what your doctor (or someone else’s doctor, if you don’t have one) should change to make her or his practice website better (please be thorough and outline your ideas in a clean, scannable format). Please make the subject line of your email, ‘Software Engineering Internship Application’.
- A paragraph detailing the best software technology you have seen in the last 12 months.
- A paragraph suggesting an innovative technology that we should consider when developing our site.
- A paragraph-length anecdote revealing your passion for health.
- At least 2 samples of websites you have been involved with and what your efforts were.
We believe we can and you will change the world.
We can’t wait to hear from you.