Ninja Lead Developer needed for Founder/Lead role in medical web startup
Are you hungry for an opportunity of a lifetime in an early stage medical startup?
What we are working on WILL change the world. A revolution is stirring and change is knocking at medicine’s doorstep. The healthcare industry desperately needs innovation and you know it; you’ve seen your doctor’s website.
We have found a way to trigger innovation in healthcare through the web and we need your help to develop it. Seasoned medical marketing entrepreneur and CMU Engineer looking for a Lead Developer who can do it all!
We are looking for a rock star Lead Developer/Co-founder to be responsible for getting a site built. Detailed designs and prototypes for the project will be provided.
We are open to candidate working on this either part time or full time. Compensation can be in cash, stock or combination of the two.
We are taking a proven business model and applying it to the medical industry, which is starving for innovation.
Looking for someone who can get into the weeds, build a killer beta product and assume the responsibilities of lead developer.
Must be skilled in multiple languages & technologies or able to quickly learn new ones. Individual must be ready for a start-up environment with an equity share. Angel funding is on the way.
Please only apply if you are the real deal – we are looking for a rockstar.
- BS in computer science and/or equivalent job experience
- 3+ years of web application development experience in PHP/.NET/Ruby/Ajax
- Solid understanding of relational database design and common optimization techniques; specific familiarity with MySQL.
- Experience using subversion/git for source contro
- Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment and independently.
Extra Points for:
- Knowledge of Linux, Apache, Cloud computing infrastructures
- Alternative data stores (memcached, NoSQL).
- Experience with web APIs (facebook, twitter, twilio, linkedin, etc.)
- Public developer credibility: a github page, stackoverflow answers, contributions to an open source project, a blog etc.
If this sounds like an opportunity of a lifetime to you, send us your resume and in your cover letter tell us what your doctor should change to make her or his practice website better.
Think you’ve got nerve? Prove it and email us at: careers at nervemedical dot com with:
- A resume and cover letter that tells us why you are qualified for this position and tells us what your doctor (or someone else’s doctor, if you don’t have one) should change to make her or his practice website better (please be thorough and outline your ideas in a clean, scannable format). Please make the subject line of your email, ‘Lead Developer Application’.
- A paragraph detailing the best software technology you have seen in the last 12 months.
- A paragraph suggesting an innovative technology that we should consider when developing our site.
- A paragraph-length anecdote revealing your passion for health and healthcare.
- At least 2 samples of websites you have been involved with and what your efforts were.